Here are some points of distinctions between Hard-work and Smart-work :
Smart work uses innovative shortcuts to get things done.
2. Hard work looks at different things in same ways;
Smart work looks at same things in different ways.
3. Hard work demands meticulous planning and control;
Smart work is real time decision making strait from the gut.
4. Hard worker says, “I believe in hard work. There are no shortcuts to success.”
Smart worker says, “I believe in myself. I want result and my ways are flexible.”
5. Hard work is thinking along with (and even after) doing;
Smart work is thinking through the act before it is done. But not later.
6. Hard worker likes company of those who ‘talk’ about work;
Smart worker does not talk about work. Therefore everyone around is equal.
7. Hard work is closed mind with open door.
Smart work is open mind with closed door.
8. Hard worker is like the tiger in the zoo who keeps attempting to break the cage;
But he who has never accepted smartness, ends up working very hard.