1. Thorough Planning – Achievers are visionaries. They know what they want and how they want it. Their mission is well defined and articulated.
2. Discipline of Time – Star performers, across campuses, have a balanced approach towards putting their time to use between work and play. They know where to stop on one of the two.
3. Relentless Reading – They are voracious readers. They take interest in reading ideas from various subjects and various disciplines. Also, their concentration and sitting stamina is tremendous.
4. Critical Thinking – They follow one rule – don’t take anything at face-value. They like to explore and keep asking questions, even after they get satisfactory answers.
5. Sharp Focus – Openness to new ideas and experiments, but never get swayed by others opinion about their abilities. They believe in doing what they think they are good at and they are aware of what they are thinking.
6. Curiosity and ‘more’ Curiosity – Why over what. But over if. Cause over effect. Us over them!
7. Self Belief and Self Esteem – Reliance on imagination with confidence. They forget the very idea of failure over time. They believe in themselves more than anybody else because painstaking, backbreaking hard-work makes them ‘independent’.
I love these lines of Aristotle –
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act. It’s a habit.”